? ??????????????????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blo
gger account and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 19, 2009

Cupcakes

While I really should be doing an update post about the last few crazy weeks of stomach flu, end of softball season, soccer games, etc. I am linking up to participate in Saucy's virtual cupcake party. I've been looking for an excuse to try out some of her suggestions and last night I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. So good! They are quite a hit at our house-as evidenced by K3 and his cream cheese face:

IMG_3811

Of course mine don't look as pretty as Saucy's-I don't own a frosting bag so I used a Ziploc gallon size bag with the corner cut out. It works but makes it a little harder to control. I also learned that I probably should have let the frosting sit in the fridge a while before I decorated. The heat in the kitchen made the icing a little runny but after a night in the fridge it set up great.


IMG_3817

I have long wished that I could make cupcakes that actually taste as good as they looked and with Saucy's recipe I have found a way to do it.

8 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I've joined in the Cupcake Saturday fun, too, and will post my contribution later this evening. In the meantime, I wanted to say that I think your cupcakes look really great. My problem with cupcakes is that they taste great but don't look very attractive. Ah well, one of these days it will all synch together.

Saucy said...

Yay! Cupcakes! Glad you could join in the fun! Everyone lurrves cupcakes, they totally spread good fortune. Your icing is very pretty, indeed. It's hard to do any sort of cupcaking in hot weather!!

I'm glad you enjoyed my cupcake method ;) Have a great weekend.

Lurrve,
Saucy

karen said...

Love your header!! My kids love cupcakes too - I think the high icing to cake ratio might something to do with it. Your cupcakes look so sweet - love sprinkles.

E said...

I love using the ziploc method! Did it for years until I just picked up some bags a few months ago...to be honest it's a hard habit to break!!

Christie said...

What a fun idea!
I'll bet they were delicious!!
Ive never made red velvet but Ive heard it requires an entire bottle of red food coloring...Is that true?

What a fun blog bloggedy blog blog is....Do you know her personally?

Melissa Cunningham said...

they look wonderful! Wish they were at my house!

Lisa M. said...

Oh Amy! They look amazing.

I love the look of your site. It's so pretty!

It was fun to catch up!

o-h-crap.blogspot.com said...

Hello, just dropping by to say hi =)

omg the muffins made me hungry!

Lily @ [http://tricks-about-cashcrate.blogspot.com]